Keeping up with your hardwood flooring is pretty easy.
- 1.Sweep, vacuum, or use a dust mop every day or so.
- 2.Clean spills immediately and make sure the surface is dry.
- 3.Place a door mat on both side of exterior doors to pick up as much debris. It cuts down on dirt throughout the house.
- 4.Damp mopping is discouraged, but if you must, use a mop that is just barely damp and be sure that no water remains on the floor when you're done.
- 5.Recoat floors to prevent wear to the veneer. If you keep up with them, your floors will be fine for a long time and refinishing won't be an issue.
- 6.Train people to take off their shoes when they come and go. It will cut down on wear and be easier to keep the house clean too.
- 7.Make sure dogs have their nails clipped otherwise expect extra wear and unnecessary dings.